Tuesday, October 24, 2017

What's On Your Nightstand (October)

The folks at 5 Minutes For Books host What’s On Your Nightstand? the fourth Tuesday of each month in which we can share about the books we have been reading and/or plan to read.

Holy Bible: Revised English Bible. 1989/1996. Cambridge. 1264 pages. [Source: Bought]

I just have a few books left in the Revised English Bible. Ezekiel and Daniel in the Old Testament. John, Titus, Philemon, James, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, and Revelation in the New Testament. I'm looking to finish this one this week.

Adam Bede. George Eliot. 1859. 624 pages. [Source: Bought]

I picked this one up again this past week, shortly after finishing Castle Richmond by Anthony Trollope. I hope to finish it in the next week or two if I can stay focused!

Caroline: Little House, Revisited. Sarah Miller. 2017. 368 pages. [Source: Library]

I should finish this one this week.

The Soul's Conflict and Victory Over Itself by Faith. Richard Sibbes. 1577-1635. 362 pages. [Source: Bought]

I am LOVING Richard Sibbes.

An Exposition of Psalm 119. Thomas Manton. 2025 pages. [Source: Bought]
Thomas Manton is another Puritan I love and adore. I believe I've read the first fifty-three sermons which have covered Psalms 119:1-47.

The Woman in White. Wilkie Collins. 1859. 672 pages. [Source: Bought]

This is a reread. I know it isn't the best idea for me to be trying to read Adam Bede and The Woman in White at the same time. I will probably focus on Adam Bede. I need to check a novel by George Eliot off my Victorian Reading Challenge check list. 


© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Kelly-Belly said...

Just wondering if you have read Silas Marner by George Eliot. It was wonderful!